Monday, March 4, 2024

Another good sized flock of Brent this morning.

Monday 4th March 2024.


The Brent Geese on Governor's Green this morning (honest). Yes, through my mobile phone, they do seem a bit distant.

There was a bright start to the morning in Southsea and thankfully, I missed the rain which came in around 4pm. Surprise, surprise! I think everyone is getting a bit fed up with it; I know I am. On a better note, there was a good number of Brent Geese on Governor’s Green this morning as I counted at least 45 birds feeding on short grass and a further four more birds flew in to join them. I just love the chatter they make when they are together. 15 species were noted this morning that included a pair of Mute Swans heading east among the more common birds noted.


The pair of Cirl Buntings at Stolford last Saturday and below, one of the many Wigeon we saw in Somerset. Photos by Emma Parkes.

Yesterday, birding pal Geoff Farwell went birding around the Coombe / East Meon area where he saw a staggering 32 Common Buzzards in the area! Also present included 13 Red Kites, Sparrowhawk, 2 Little Owls, Raven, 180 Common Gulls, 16 Mediterranean Gulls all in summer plumage, 120 Fieldfare, 5 Stonechat, 2 Siskin and a Lesser Redpoll.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of moths and other insects this morning.

Sunday 19th May 2024 The micro moth, Mallow Seed Moth, was new for the year. I was up at ‘Beyondajoke’ o’clock again this morning though th...