Sunday, June 25, 2023

Swift youngsters about to leave the box.

 Sunday 25th June 2023.

The good news is that our fledgling Swifts are about to leave their nestbox and with three out of the fout Swift boxes occupied, I can say it has been a successful first brood so far. I even got another neighbour to agree on putting a couple of nestboxes by his roof today as well. Happy days.  While chatting to the neighbour, looking north up our  Southsea road, I could see at least a dozen or so Swifts going into their respective nestholes or simply exploring a potential nest site.




A Bloxworth Snout moth was found inside my house late this morning of which I promptly potted and then after taking some photos, released it safely into the garden.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of moths and other insects this morning.

Sunday 19th May 2024 The micro moth, Mallow Seed Moth, was new for the year. I was up at ‘Beyondajoke’ o’clock again this morning though th...