Friday, April 21, 2023

Willow Warbler near my garden.

Saturday 22nd April 2023.

A very quick entry to my blog early this morning as I had the moth box on overnight and was rewarded with just TWO moths! It really makes you wonder if it is all worth it sometimes, but you have to take the rough with the smooth. The moth in question was another Early Grey, though they should be coming to an end soon. I did have another moth but it flew off once I turned one of the egg trays over and it flew off over the garden unidentified! Grumble! I hope Andy Fisher's moth box is more productive later this morning.


A Willow Warbler seen and heard briefly in my neighbours garden was a nice surprise at 6.15am this morning as it flitted about in the tree and then flew off south with possibly a second bird. I’m not 100% sure on where I am going this morning, but the Night Heron in Stockbridge sounds tempting as does the 2 Black-winged Stilts at Pennington Marshes; both would be good ‘year-ticks’.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of moths and other insects this morning.

Sunday 19th May 2024 The micro moth, Mallow Seed Moth, was new for the year. I was up at ‘Beyondajoke’ o’clock again this morning though th...