Friday, October 15, 2021

A quiet ending to my working week.

Friday 15th October 2021.


Looking very Autumnal at Porchester Crematorium today.

It has been rather quiet for me over the past few days, though there have been a few sightings of note I would like to add to my blog. I was over The Oaks Crematorium this morning and a quick check of the Book of Remembrance building revealed just the one moth, the micro moth, Eudonia angustea, but nothing else. While checking the area, a couple of Song Thrushes flew over between the two woods, but no sign of any Redwing this morning. Birding friend, Denise Murray, spent some time birding in the Shetlands and has allowed me to put some of her superb photos on my blog: 


Red-breasted Flycatcher.


Black Guillemot.


Shorelarks.


Whooper Swans.


Bluethroat.


White-billed Diver.


Red-eyed Vireo. 


Western Bonelli's Warbler.

I did not put the moth box on last night due to the fact I was getting up early for work this morning. It was a rather cool start to the day, but plenty of sunshine, though a shame I didn't see anything really of note bar the odd Buzzard in its usual place by the M275 and several Pied Wagtails on the roof of our Fratton building. It looks as though I am birding on my own tomorrow and my target species is the Purple Heron over Pagham and what else I can find in the area.


I found this small Crab Spider species in our garage at work this morning and could not resist a photo.

Both the Long-toed Stint and White-tailed Plover were still present in West Yorkshire today, but there was no sign of the Western Sandpiper today although the Pectoral Sandpiper was apparently seen in nearby Oxey Marshes. 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of moths and other insects this morning.

Sunday 19th May 2024 The micro moth, Mallow Seed Moth, was new for the year. I was up at ‘Beyondajoke’ o’clock again this morning though th...