Friday, July 7, 2023

Local Swifts are getting busy.

Friday 7th July 2023.


One of the Swifts landed on the nest box.

Our local Swifts were putting on quite a display out of the front of our house this morning as they zoomed in to feed their youngsters. At least 8 Swifts came down to examine the nest boxes, calling excitedly in doing so and the youngsters responding with their calls also. I am convinced that the nestbox on the opposite side of my road is actually a second brood; which can only mean good news for the Swift population in our road and the UK.

I hope to take some more photos later today of the birds, but some jobs have come my way so for now, adios.



Tending to its young and probably feeding them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of moths and other insects this morning.

Sunday 19th May 2024 The micro moth, Mallow Seed Moth, was new for the year. I was up at ‘Beyondajoke’ o’clock again this morning though th...