Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Blackcaps back in my garden.

Tuesday 26th December 2023


The male Blackcap in my garden this morning.

I didn't have to go far today to do a spot of birding as I made my way to the back door and looked out into the garden and watched a male Blackcap eating one of the apples I put out for the birds. The female soon joined in, but she only popped in briefly, while the male bird came in several times and I was lucky enough for it to hang around long enough to grab some photos of the bird through the kitchen door window. A pair of Blackbirds also popped into my garden and also a Robin, that took a liking for the sunflower hearts.




The above photos of the male Blackcap in my garden.


Above, the male and below, the female Blackbird in my garden.



The Robin in search of the sunflower hearts.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of moths and other insects this morning.

Sunday 19th May 2024 The micro moth, Mallow Seed Moth, was new for the year. I was up at ‘Beyondajoke’ o’clock again this morning though th...