Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Short-eared Owls on Farlington Marshes.

Wednesday 18th January 2023.


The Short-eared Owl at Farlington Marshes. Photo by Graeme Loader.

Tonight, I thought I would like to share with all my readers around the world (honestly!) some of the photos I am privileged to be allowed to share on my Blog; notably the superb Short-eared Owls on Farlington Marshes.Though my birding companion, Andy Fisher has already had the pleasure in seeing the birds, I have yet to see one this year, though I will hopefully pop down to the reserve to view these fantastic birds.






The Short-eared Owls at Farlington Marshes. Photos by Graeme Loader.

I would like to thank both Pete Appleton and Graeme Loader for the superb images of these majestic Owls that have also attracted many a ‘togger’ in ‘Lazee Birder’ speak (photographer) most days to this site. The Social Media has been swamped by some amazing images of these birds and what with the nearby Sabine’s Gull at Southmoor still present; Hampshire is certainly going through a real ‘purple patch’. But we are, as a County, blessed with some fantastic birders and I am so glad to live in such a rewarding area that attracts some special birds. 





The Short-eared Owl on Farlington Marshes. Photos by Pete Appleton.

Anyway, enjoy the following photos. I am sure there will be more to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Plenty of moths and other insects this morning.

Sunday 19th May 2024 The micro moth, Mallow Seed Moth, was new for the year. I was up at ‘Beyondajoke’ o’clock again this morning though th...